Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: This course is only offered in English
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
- What if I do not have a credit card?
In addition to the above credit cards, we also accept MasterCard and Visa Debit Cards as well as prepaid cards (these can be purchased at many grocery stores).
- Is your site secure?
Yes, our website has a secure SSL Certificate. This certificate ensures secure transactions between our web server and your browser, which allows for private information to be transmitted securely.
- Do I need to take the whole course in one sitting?
No, you do not need to take the entire course at one time. You may take as many breaks as you would like throughout the course. Just make sure you log out prior to exiting out of the course. Note: Your progress automatically saves every time you complete a module section.
- What should I do if I begin to experience technical difficulties while taking the online program?
If you experience any technical difficulties while taking our course please first click on the “help tab” and “system requirements” tab under the help menu. If you continue to experience technical difficulties please call us at 888-865-1900. We are open Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST.
- Is audio required to take this course?
Yes. Our program consists of mainly videos. It is necessary for you to hear the videos in order to learn the course material and thus complete/pass the course.
- When will I receive my Alcohol Server Permit?
Once you pass the final exam you will be able to print a certificate of completion as well as a wallet size card that you are to give to your employer who submits to the Michigan State Liquor Commission.
The wallet size card will contain the following: Your name, Date of birth, Date the training was taken and the expiration date which is three years from the date the final exam was passed.
If your certification is lost or destroyed, simply log back into the course and re-print the certification
- Which browsers are compatible with your program?
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera are all compatible with our online program.
- What if I don’t pass the Final Exam?
The exam must be completed in one sitting. If you log out in the middle of the exam, you must start the exam over from the beginning. You are also limited to 90 minutes when taking the final. If you do not complete it in this time, the exam will be reset and you must start the exam over. You will have two chances to pass the final exam.
- How long is my certification good for?
The certification is valid for 3 years from the date you complete the course and pass the final exam
- What is drink equivalency?
This refers to a 1.5 fluid ounce drink of distilled spirits, 5 fluid ounces of wine, and 12 fluid ounces of beer or wine cooler as having the same amount of ethyl alcohol.
- Can a server of alcohol provide an alcoholic beverage to someone who is intoxicated?
No, it’s illegal to give sell or otherwise provide an alcoholic beverage to an individual is showing signs of intoxication.
- What are acceptable forms of identification to accept as proof-of-age?
Customers must show one of the following when asked to present identification for service:
- Michigan operator’s or chauffeur’s license
- Official Michigan personal identification card
- Military identification card
- Or any other bona fide picture identification which establishes the identity and age of the person.
All of the above forms of identification must be current and valid and must include:
- A picture of the person presenting the ID
- Date of birth
- The above ID are not valid if they are:
Some unacceptable forms of identification include a birth certificate and University ID (even though it has a date of birth and picture).