Frequently Asked Questions
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
- What if I do not have a credit card?
In addition to the above credit cards, we also accept MasterCard and Visa Debit Cards as well as prepaid cards (these can be purchased at many grocery stores).
- Is your site secure?
Yes, our website has a secure SSL Certificate. This certificate ensures secure transactions between our web server and your browser, which allows for private information to be transmitted securely.
- Do I need to take the whole course in one sitting?
No, you do not need to take the entire course at one time. You may take as many breaks as you would like throughout the course. Just make sure you log out prior to exiting out of the course. Note: Your progress automatically saves every time you complete a module section.
- What should I do if I begin to experience technical difficulties while taking the online program?
If you experience any technical difficulties while taking our course please first click on the “help tab” and “system requirements” tab under the help menu. If you continue to experience technical difficulties please call us at 888-865-1900. We are open Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST.
- Is audio required to take this course?
Yes. Our program consists of mainly videos. It is necessary for you to hear the videos in order to learn the course material and thus complete/pass the course.
- Which browsers are compatible with your program?
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera are all compatible with our online program.
- Who should take this course?
Alcohol sellers and servers, managers, bartenders, or persons who supervise persons who serve or sell alcohol should take this course.
- How long will my Certification Card be valid?
The Certification Card is valid for three years from the date it is issued.
To maintain certification you must attend the full Alcohol Training and Education Course every three years.
- What is drink equivalency?
This refers to a 1.5 fluid ounce drink of distilled spirits, 5 fluid ounces of wine, and 12 fluid ounces of beer or wine cooler as having the same amount of ethyl alcohol.
- Can a server of alcohol provide an alcoholic beverage to someone who is intoxicated?
No. It is illegal to give, sell or otherwise provide an alcoholic product to an individual who is under 21 years of age.
- What are acceptable forms of identification to accept as proof-of-age?
- Valid driver's license issued by any U.S. State.
- An official state issued identification card
- Military identification card
- U.S. Armed Forces I.D. Card
- Official Passport or Passport Card
Some unacceptable forms of identification include a birth certificate and University ID (even though it has a date of birth and picture).