Online Alcohol Server Training

Choose Your State

AACEA Washington: Washington Alcohol Training – What is a MAST Permit & Why Might I Need One?

Several U.S. states require some form of Alcohol Server + Seller Education for anyone and everyone who serves, mixes, or sells alcohol. Washington State officially made this a requirement in 1995 when legislature passed a law requiring that everyone who served alcoholic beverages needed to complete a state certified Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) course and receive a MAST Permit.

The WSLCB (Washington State Liquor Cannabis Board, formerly known as the Washington State Liquor Control Board), facilitates the MAST program, but private companies (like yours truly) provide the MAST Course and issue MAST Permits to those who need them. Becoming certified as a Washington State MAST Program Provider requires a stamp of approval from the WSLCB which only happens after the WSLCB reviews a course and confirms that it has met each of the MAST Program requirements.

Continue Reading

AACEA Oregon: Growler Fillin’ Oregon Alcohol Server Permit Requirements + A Little History!

If filling growlers is one of your job responsibilities – whether you work at a restaurant/bar, liquor store, brewery, grocery store, or anywhere else – you will need to take a certified Alcohol Seller/Server Training course to get an Oregon Alcohol Server Permit. This will ensure you are compliant with the Oregon Liquor Control Commission’s (OLCC’s) laws and regulations.

The OLCC defines a growler as a refillable, securely-covered container that is sold to a consumer at retail, can hold up to two gallons or less, and is used to transport beer, wine or cider. If you’re curious about the history of growlers, you can check out a brief history lesson below!

The exact origination of the word “growler” is hard to pinpoint, but there are several theories as to how the term was deemed – it’s up to you to choose the one that resonates most with you! But then again... why can't they all be true?

Continue Reading

AACEA Montana: Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service (RASS) Program - Helpful Info

If you are thinking about becoming a bartender, waitstaff, mixologist, or anything else that requires you to mix, serve, or sell alcohol, you are going to need to take a Department of Revenue approved Montana Alcohol Server Training course to receive a RASS Permit!

R.A.S.S. is an acronym for Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service, which is exactly what our Montana Alcohol Server Certification Course promotes. Because alcohol is an intoxicant, it is important to ensure that it is sold and served in a way that guarantees safety, but also (ideally) in a way that offers a pleasant experience for you and your customers.

Continue Reading

AACEA Texas: TABC Certification – Why Should I Get My TABC Server Certificate?

We may be a little biased here, but we strongly encourage anyone and everyone whose job involves selling or serving alcohol to get their TABC Server Certificate, and here’s why:

  1. Knowledge is power! Understanding Texas’s laws regarding the sales and service of alcohol to intoxicated individuals and minors, and learning how to effectively intervene when you come across an intoxicated individual or minor (or, heaven forbid, an intoxicated minor), is EXTREMELY valuable for playing your part in ensuring that perfectly preventable alcohol-related mishaps and tragedies do not occur. In other words, by becoming certified you will become an even better citizen! Sure, people may not like you very much if you cut them off, but there is honor in upholding your responsibilities as an alcohol seller or server and making decisions with the intention of keeping people safe.

Continue Reading

AACEA Louisiana: Responsible Vendor Online Class Sneak Peek - What You Will Learn

AACEA is happy to provide our Louisiana Responsible Vendor Online Class for Alcohol and Tobacco Sellers and Servers in the state of Louisiana!

If you’ve stumbled upon this page you are likely already aware that it is a requirement to complete an ATC approved Responsible Vendor course within 45 days of being hired as an employee who sells and/or serves alcohol and/or tobacco in Louisiana State in order to receive a Responsible Vendor Permit.

Before you get started, you may be wondering what our Louisiana Responsible Vendor Online Class is all about and what you will be learning. We welcome you to take a look at the below sneak peek if you would like to be mentally prepared before you begin the course!

AACEA Louisiana Responsible Vendor Course Outline – What you will learn:

1) An Overview and History of the Louisiana Responsible Vendor Program

  • When the Responsible Vendor Program was enacted
  • Who is required to have a Responsible Vendor Permit
  • General Responsible Vendor Permit information
  • Objectives of Responsible Vendor Program
  • Your obligations as a server

Continue Reading

AACEA Oregon: How Do I Get My Oregon Alcohol Service Permit?

If you need an Oregon Alcohol Service Permit to perform your job, AACEA Oregon provides an online Alcohol Server Education course to help you get it!

Before you sign up for the course, we thought it might be helpful to provide you with some information regarding the two-step process you will need to complete before you can receive your Oregon Alcohol Service Permit!


Take our AACEA Oregon Alcohol Service Permit course online

Continue Reading

AACEA Washington: What Is The Difference Between A Class 12 & Class 13 MAST Permit?

If you need a Class 12 or Class 13 Washington MAST Permit, AACEA Washington makes it easy for you to get certified online. But before you get started, you may be wondering what the difference is between a Class 13 MAST Permit and a Class 12 MAST Permit.

We would be happy to help break this down for you!

Class 13 Washington MAST Permit

If you are between 18-20 years of age you are eligible for a Class 13 MAST Permit which will allow you to perform the following tasks:

  • Take alcohol orders
  • Carry alcohol to a customer’s table and pour it into their glass

Continue Reading

WA MAST Classes Online

Hello Washington!

Recently we celebrated 13 years in the business of conducting MAST Training (aka as; Class 12 and 13 Permits, Alcohol Server Training Card, Liquor Permit, Bartender License etc.) for the WSLCB.

Through the years we have developed and maintained relationships with so many different people and Establishments. So in reality, this blog is more of a thank you to all of you. For every person who went through our MAST class room classes to those who first signed up for our Online Certification and patiently worked with us as we worked out the bugs.

When I look back at the last 13 years I am at times humbled by the welcome we received from the Owners, Managers, and staffs of the establishments’ through-out Washington. I was a guy with an idea and a lot of determination that I could make the business model I had in mind to conduct Alcohol Server Training Seminars.

Continue Reading

Arizona Title 4 Alcohol Server Training

I hope this finds you having a great day and you are enjoying your summer. On the 4th of July my wife and mines festivities got rained out and we ended up in a Sedona AZ restaurant and had a really enjoyable time, not only was the food great, but our server was awesome!

It was fairly early in the evening so the dining room had yet to fill up and we were able to chat with our server.
Let me tell you, the guy "gets" what service is.

Towards the end of our dining experience he asked us what we do for a living, I told him we are in the Alcohol Server Training business, he looked at me a bit quizzical and I reiterated; Title 4 Training for the AZ DLLC. Heknew immediately what I was referring too and thus began the discussion about the perils of serving alcohol.

Continue Reading

Tips to Look Like a Bartending Pro!

Straight from getting your MAST certification, you might still feel a little wet behind the ears in the world of bartending. Here's a few tips on how you can look like a pro from the start:

Keep a smile on your face

No matter how busy it gets, or how many customers are trying to get your attention, you can only serve one person at a time. Keep smiling, and try to crack a few jokes. Remember that people are there to have a good time, so they'll be appreciative of you keeping things light.

Learn how to rim a drink properly

You want the salt or sugar to be on the outside of the rim; nobody wants it falling into the drink. For a bit of dash, take a slice of lemon or lime and slick it around the edge, then tilt the glass and rotate it around in the sugar or salt.

Let other bartenders know where you are

Always, always let other bartenders know when you are behind them, especially if they're known for trying fancy tricks with bottles. See how everyone else is doing it, but just saying 'behind you' or tapping them on the shoulder ought to do it. Equally, try to be aware of who is coming and going behind you, too.

Don't cry over spilt milk!

You will spill something, and probably break something too. This happens, so just apologise, tidy up and carry on. It's not the end of your career. You might be the butt of a few jokes for the rest of the night, but don't take it personally.

Head to to get your bartending certification and enter into the fast-paced world of bartending.

More Articles ...

Louisiana Bar Card and Washington State MAST permit. Arizona Title 4 Basic Training Online AZ DLLC Alcohol Server Approved Certification Course California Responsible Beverage Service RBS TIPS Certificate Program On Off Premises ABC Florida Vendor State Compliant Montana Ohio Seller For Sellers Servers Bartenders and Managers Get your TABC Certification for selling serving alcohol in Texas Your official can be printed online upon completion Utah Mobile Friendly valid Bartender School on off premise server training permit classes by Len Riggs

© 2016 America's Alcohol Certified Education Association All Rights Reserved | Email Us | TF: 888.865.1900 | P: 425.335.3672