Online Alcohol Server Training

Choose Your State

AACEA California: RBS Training - What You Need To Know As A Special Events Server

If you are a Special Events Server in California, or if you are planning to serve alcohol at a special event such as at a fair, festival, or any other event where a temporary alcohol license is required, you may be wondering what information you need to know in order to responsibly serve alcoholic beverages in the state of California. The CA ABC (California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control) manages California’s alcohol licensing, education, and enforcement, but they do not require that you complete a Responsible Beverage Server (RBS) training in order to Serve alcohol at a special event.

But here’s the deal… An RBS training is still incredibly valuable and (at times) required for employment!

Even though the CA ABC does not mandate RBS Trainings, they still encourage Special Events Alcohol Servers and Bartenders to complete an RBS course from a provider that is listed on their RBS Training Provider List (like yours truly) in order to protect themselves from alcohol related liabilities! Not to mention, there are several establishments and events that require employees to take an RBS course.

A few of the topics you will want to be aware of as a Special Events Server are as follows:

Continue Reading

AACEA Louisiana: Louisiana Alcohol Laws – The Implied Consent Law

If you have already completed your Louisiana Responsible Vendor Program and received a Louisiana Bar Card, you should have learned about various Louisiana Alcohol Laws including how The Implied Consent Law works in Louisiana State and what it means for people who choose to drink and drive + how it applies to you as someone who works in the hospitality industry. If you’ve forgotten or need a little refresher, we encourage you to continue reading! If you would rather wait to learn about this until you take the Louisiana Responsible Vendor course you are welcome to do that too!

So what is this Implied Consent Law all about? We’ll break it down for you. In Louisiana State, if you are lawfully arrested by a police officer who has reason to believe you have been driving a vehicle, boat, train, etc., while legally intoxicated then you automatically consent to taking a blood, breath, or urine test to determine your BAC. In addition, the police officer who arrests you gets to choose which test you take, and the test has to be taken ASAP from the time you were found driving while intoxicated.

Don't remember consenting to this law? The Implied Consent Law is actually something you agreed to when you applied for a license, and it applies whether you realized you were giving your consent or not... this law is "implied"after all!

Continue Reading

AACEA Texas: Preventing DWIs After Getting Your TABC Certification

If you are currently in the hospitality industry in Texas and have already received your TABC Certification, you are probably aware of your responsibility to prevent intoxicated customers from getting behind the wheel of a car and driving away from your establishment.

In an ideal world, your customers would be aware of their drinking limits and would cut themselves off well before becoming intoxicated if they were planning to drive. Better yet, they wouldn’t have any alcohol if they were planning to drive. And if they did accidentally go over their limit, they wouldn’t even consider driving. Unfortunately, this ideal is far from the truth as there are 95,000 DWIs issued a year in Texas State, which amounts to approximately 260 DWIs per day.

Given your position, it is likely you will come across intoxicated customers while working and it is in your best interest to prevent them from getting behind the wheel of a car for a few reasons:

Continue Reading

AACEA Oregon: OLCC Oregon Alcohol Laws & Minors – What Can Minor Employees Do?

If you’re in the service industry or are planning to join the service industry in Oregon, you may be curious to know what minor employees can and can’t do when it comes to alcohol sales and service. If you’re not curious, but need to get an OLCC Permit for your job, you are welcome to do that too!

Before we get started, we’d like to define a couple terms for the purposes of this post:

1) The term “minor” is used to describe anyone between the ages of 18-21

2) The term “on Premises Location” is a location where alcohol is served or sold to be consumed at the establishment (think bars and restaurants).

Okay, let’s begin by going over what minor employees who have an OLCC Permit can and can’t do while working at an “on Premises Location”:

Continue Reading

AACEA Washington: MAST Permit Helpful Info & FAQs

If you’re in the market for a Class 12 MAST Permit or a Class 13 MAST Permit you may have some questions, so we thought we would put a list of some FAQs together for you! If you don’t give a hoot about the FAQs and just want to get your Online MAST Training taken care of, you are welcome to do that too!

For those of you who are still with us, check out some helpful FAQ answers below:

Do I really have to get a MAST Permit? If you serve, mix, or sell alcohol in Washington State, then yes you do. We know it’s not ideal and we know it sucks to have to spend your free time taking a "boring" course about alcohol laws, BUT we promise our course isn’t so bad. Our founder was a stand-up comedian back in the day, so you can bet there is some humor in our MAST course which will hopefully make it a little more enjoyable for you!

Fiiiiiine, I’ll take the course. I just got hired, when do I have to get my MAST Permit? In Washington State you need to take a MAST Permit Course within 60 days of your hire date.

Continue Reading

AACEA Arizona: Who Needs To Take A Title 4 Course?

If you are involved in alcohol transactions or the alcohol industry in Arizona it is possible you will need to complete a Title 4 Course in order to be in compliance with the Arizona DLLC.

If you are an owner or manager of an establishment that holds a liquor license:

The Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control (DLLC) mandates that anyone who owns and/or manages an establishment with a liquor license is required to take a Title 4 Basic Course and a Title 4 Manager Course. We want to note that these are two separate courses! It is imperative to complete both courses and receive a certificate for each course in order to comply with the DLLC’s requirements. It is also imperative to keep your certification current – the Title 4 Manager Certification is valid for 5 years and the Title 4 Basic Course is valid for 3 years.

In addition, it is a DLLC requirement that owners and managers complete both courses before applying for a liquor license – so if you’re planning on applying for a liquor license anytime soon you’ll need to become certified in both courses first!

Continue Reading

AACEA Utah: Alcohol Server Training – Who Needs It?

If you are planning to serve alcohol as a bartender or server OR if you will be supervising individuals who serve alcohol in Utah State at an establishment with an on-premise license (fancy saying for any location that is legally allowed to serve alcohol to a customer who drinks at the establishment – typically bars and restaurants), you will be required to complete and pass a Utah Alcohol Server Training course within 30 days of being hired.

We would also like to note that the Utah Alcohol Server Training course you decide to take MUST be certified by the Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health in order for your certification to be valid!

AACEA Online Alcohol Server Training provides a Utah Alcohol Server Training Course that is approved by the Utah Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health. We guarantee our course will provide you with the education you need to ensure you are serving alcohol in a way that aligns with Utah Liquor Laws while also ensuring that both you and your customers have enjoyable experiences in the process!

Continue Reading

AACEA Montana: Responsible Alcohol Sales And Service (RASS) Program - Helpful Info (Part 2)

If you’re planning to become a bartender, server, or anyone who handles alcohol transactions with customers OR if you will be managing people who handle alcohol transactions with customers in Montana State, you’re going to need to take a Montana Department of Revenue approved Alcohol Server Training course, which is also known as the Responsible Alcohol Sales & Service (RASS) course.

The Montana Department of Revenue requires that you receive training within 60 days of hire and once you complete an Alcohol Server Training course you will receive a Certificate of Course Completion (proof of training) which will be valid for three years. Once your certificate expires you will be required to retake the course in order to remain certified.

Continue Reading

AACEA Texas: TABC Alcohol Seller Server Certification – Can My Certificate Be Revoked?

If you have already taken your Alcohol Seller Server training course and received your TABC Certification from AACEA, you may want to know how your certification can be revoked. Ideally, we would like to prevent this from happening to you so we have provided you with a few preventative measures below!

Preventative Measure 1: Don’t sell or serve alcohol to a minor or intoxicated person! If you do, you’ll not only have to deal with criminal charges and complaints being held against you, but you’ll also face consequences related to your TABC Certification:

  • First Offense: You will have to take the course and exam over again to become recertified within the first 30 days of the offense, otherwise your certificate will be revoked.
  • Second Offense: If you receive a second violation within 12 months your certification will be revoked and you will not be able to get recertified for 90 days after the offense. Once the 90 days are up you will be required to retake the course and exam again.
  • Thirst Offense: If you receive a third violation within 12 months your certification will be revoked and you will be unable to get recertified for 12 months.

Continue Reading

AACEA Louisiana - What Are My Responsibilities As A Server In Louisiana?

Our AACEA Louisiana course offers a convenient way for you to take your Louisiana Liquor License Test Online and receive a Responsible Vendor permit so you can legally sell and serve alcohol in Louisiana state!

Before you take the course, you may be wondering what your legal responsibilities are as a bartender or alcohol server or seller in Louisiana State.

The two MOST IMPORTANT responsibilities you have are:

  1. Ensuring customers are not intoxicated before selling or serving them alcohol AND also not serving customers alcohol to the point of intoxication.
  2. Ensuring customers are 21 years of age or older before selling or serving them alcohol

Continue Reading

More Articles ...

Louisiana Bar Card and Washington State MAST permit. Arizona Title 4 Basic Training Online AZ DLLC Alcohol Server Approved Certification Course California Responsible Beverage Service RBS TIPS Certificate Program On Off Premises ABC Florida Vendor State Compliant Montana Ohio Seller For Sellers Servers Bartenders and Managers Get your TABC Certification for selling serving alcohol in Texas Your official can be printed online upon completion Utah Mobile Friendly valid Bartender School on off premise server training permit classes by Len Riggs

© 2016 America's Alcohol Certified Education Association All Rights Reserved | Email Us | TF: 888.865.1900 | P: 425.335.3672