Louisiana Responsible Vendor Training: Louisiana State Driver’s License Security Features
If you are an alcohol server (or seller) in Louisiana State, or if you are planning to become one, it will be helpful for you to be aware of Louisiana State Driver’s License security features in order to effectively check your customers’ IDs!
If you’re hoping to become more knowledgeable about Louisiana Alcohol Laws in general or need to take a Louisiana ATC approved Responsible Vendor training course to receive a Louisiana Bar Card, we recommend checking out our LA ATC Approved Online RV Training Course. Our mission is to provide you with valuable information to help you become the best alcohol server possible in the most entertaining way possible!
Below you will find the top security features you should look out for when checking a Louisiana State Driver’s License.
Here are several security features you will find on a Louisiana 21+ Driver’s License:
- The driver’s license number, class, and expiration date are enclosed in a thick red border
- The background of the entire ID features multi-colored fine line printing
- A high-quality digital photo is featured on the left side of the ID Card
- A small ghost photo is featured on the lower ride side of the ID
- A digital signature is featured on the bottom of the ID
- The “u”, “s”, and “a” in “Louisiana” are red, while the rest of the letters are blue
- A hologram of Louisiana’s state outline is made visible when the card is tilted
- A Louisiana State Seal is featured on the upper right side of the ID
It’s also helpful to note that the Louisiana Driver’s Licenses that are issued to minors are vertical and feature an “under 21 until” date and an “under 18 until” date in red font which makes it much easier for you to determine that a customer is under 21 and cannot be sold or served alcohol.
If you’re handed a Louisiana State Driver’s License, we recommend looking out for these security features to ensure the ID has not been tampered with, especially if the individual who hands you the ID looks younger than 21 years of age.
If you’re hoping to learn additional information regarding Louisiana Liquor Laws and Alcohol Serving and Selling Laws, we welcome you to check out our Louisiana ATC approved Online Alcohol Server Training Course whenever and wherever is most convenient for you! At the end of the course you will receive a Louisiana Responsible Vendor Card which you can present to your employer (it is a requirement in Louisiana State to complete this training if you serve alcohol as a job duty) and will be valid for two years!
Cheers, and Happy Training!