AACEA Texas: TABC Certification – Why Should I Get My TABC Server Certificate?
We may be a little biased here, but we strongly encourage anyone and everyone whose job involves selling or serving alcohol to get their TABC Server Certificate, and here’s why:
- Knowledge is power! Understanding Texas’s laws regarding the sales and service of alcohol to intoxicated individuals and minors, and learning how to effectively intervene when you come across an intoxicated individual or minor (or, heaven forbid, an intoxicated minor), is EXTREMELY valuable for playing your part in ensuring that perfectly preventable alcohol-related mishaps and tragedies do not occur. In other words, by becoming certified you will become an even better citizen! Sure, people may not like you very much if you cut them off, but there is honor in upholding your responsibilities as an alcohol seller or server and making decisions with the intention of keeping people safe.
- If the above spiel wasn’t enough of a reason for you to get your TABC Server Certificate, you should also know that you’ll be eligible for some pretty sweet benefits once you are certified, including the below:
- A lifetime supply of used beer glasses!
- Just kidding...
- If you have a valid TABC Server Certificate and you sell or serve an alcoholic beverage to an intoxicated customer or minor (you wouldn’t do that, would you?!), then the TABC will not take administrative action against your establishment’s license. There is a good chance you will be arrested, though, so we definitely wouldn’t recommend it!
- Okay, we’ll admit that the above benefit technically applies to establishment owners more than alcohol sellers or servers, BUT this benefit does still apply to you, because becoming certified will provide you with the knowledge that is required to prevent yourself from selling or serving alcohol to a minor or intoxicated person and from consequentially getting arrested (or worse). I think we can all agree it would be best to minimize the chances of this happening!
- Many employers of alcohol sellers and servers require that their employees be certified in order to work at their establishment. Translation: If you want to get paid, you're going to need to get a TABC Server Certificate.
There you have it! Three compelling reasons for you to get your TABC Certification. You must be pumped! We welcome you to take our TABC Approved Alcohol Server Certificate course whenever and wherever (it is online after all… you can take practically anywhere) suits your fancy!